I want to share my code with you… some rules of business and life that I’ve adopted.
If you’ve ever watched the Showtime hit show “Dexter” then you know what I mean when I say “my code”.
It’s my ethos – these rules guide my decisions and day-to-day actions making life easy, happy, and fun.
1. When in doubt… give more back. I’ve never known a person to regret doing more for others. The universe has a way of paying you back in spades.
2. Appreciate your clients and customers… show them, tell them and make it abundantly clear.
3. Be a value ADDER not a value extractor.
4. Set MASSIVE goals. By goals, I mean specifics and deadlines. Otherwise it’s just a dream.
5. Dream big.
6. Ask why often.
7. Create good daily habits and rituals.
8. Genuinely thank 10 people per day.
9. Never be “the smartest person in the room.” Be coachable and seek out mentors.
10. Practice what you preach. There’s no greater form of advertising then walking the walk.
11. Reject fear, greed, and doubt.
12. Give to get.
13. Visualize success daily. Then go out and get it.
14. Know what you want in life.
15. Get what you deserve.
16. Help others get what they want.
18. Believe in yourself.
19. Lead with passion, purpose and enthusiasm.
20. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
21. Create a lifestyle business.
22. Surround yourself with successful people.
23. Delegate, motivate, and sell.
24. Focus on the big levers – your 5%
25. Outsource the little things – the 95%
26. Don’t be a spectator in life – PARTICIPATE.
27. Focus on the critical few and not the trivial many.
28. Break the chains of “trading time for dollars”.
29. Stop talking… start doing… everyone is watching.
31. This life is not a trial run.
32. Don’t take yourself too serious.
33. Destroy negative self-talk and limiting beliefs.
34. It’s okay to ask for help.
35. Step outside of your comfort zone… that’s where all great things in life happen.
36. Don’t limit yourself.
37. Be grateful for what you have.
38. Change your negative beliefs about money.
39. Money is a vehicle to freedom.
40. Expect more of yourself.
41. Avoid crabs, time vampires, and energy draining people at all costs.
42. You deserve better.
43. Pay it forward.
44. You’ll get what you want in life when you help others get what they want. – Zig
45. Sell once and keep a client for life.
46. A customer is someone you sell to. A client is someone who’s under your protection.
47. Hate and guilt are wasted emotions and will destroy you from the inside out.
48. Turn pro. Leave your amateur ways behind. Take responsibility for your actions, manage your time better, meet your deadline and exceed your expectations.
49. Don’t be a bottom feeder. Charge the most, deliver the best, and only deal top tier clients.
50. Market, sell, and ask for referrals. Your future clients are counting on you.
51. Have multiple marketing poles in the water at all times.
53. The fastest, easiest, and most direct way to success is to model it.
54. Do business with A-level players only.
55. Stop being lazy.
56. Take imperfect action.
Hope you get a lot out of these rules 🙂
Committed to your success,
P.S. Here’s an inspirational video of what you can achieve in your fitness business when you use the principals I shared with you here.